Your wedding day is a truly unique and special occasion: an event which is romantic, exciting and celebrates your life commitment. Couples who want to tie the knot in style away from their everyday environment often choose destination wedding reception venues. A destination wedding does not have to be at an overseas resort – some of the most exciting wedding reception venues are small retreat hotels much closer to home, in Australia.
For a glimpse into a selection of Australia’s best retreat wedding reception venues, check out the retreats listed on our Reception Venues page and follow links to their websites. You’ll find Australian retreat venues in many different styles and locations.
- Bush retreats like Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat and Minden Retreat offer a secluded environment. What an opportunity to enjoy a truly natural bushland setting and give your overseas guests a dinky-di Australian experience!
- A mountain retreat like the Hideaway Retreat Centre could be the perfect venue for a cosy winter wedding and a great alternative to the summer beach wedding.
- Faversham House in York, Western Australia, is a grand colonial mansion offering unique, country house retreat weddings with more than a touch of luxury and indulgence.
- Vineyard retreats like Glen Erin at Lancefield offer the best fine dining experiences in picturesque rural settings.
- Woodman Estate is an elegant manor house retreat venue which also offers luxurious spa treatments, including massages and facials.
- Suspended on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the rainforest and ocean, Tumbling Waters Retreat at South Coast, NSW is a scenically breath taking location, perfect for the ceremony, photography, reception and accommodation.
Wedding reception venues like these offer a wide range of options; they may be in coastal, mountain or rural locations, in modern retreat centres or elegant colonial houses, and offer simple cabin accommodation or luxurious suites, but what they all have in common is an intimate ambience in a special, secluded setting.
Many couples who choose a retreat wedding like to book their venue for the exclusive use of their party over two or three days. A weekend or long weekend in a retreat venue allows a couple and their guests an interlude when they can relax and celebrate away from all the distractions and responsibilities of everyday life. We’ve thought of six great reasons for choosing a retreat venue for your wedding.
- Many retreat venues offer wedding packages and have connections with local celebrants, florists, photographers, musicians and all those other important people who are essential for your wedding day.
- When you marry in Australia you avoid the hassle of arranging for passports, visas and all the other paperwork and legal formalities that you need for an overseas destination wedding.
- Many retreat wedding venues specialise in fine dining and provide a sumptuous, unforgettable wedding feast for you and your guests.
- Retreats in regional areas offer jaded city folk an opportunity to spend time in peaceful, natural surroundings.
- A retreat venue reserved wholly for one group gives your party intimate, quality time together.
- Couples often yearn for a small, quiet wedding but feel obliged to invite large numbers of friends and relatives to celebrate their marriage. A retreat wedding, shared with those who are nearest and dearest to them, followed by a celebratory party when they return home, can be a perfect solution to this typical couple’s dilemma.
If you’re a busy couple and struggle to find time to organise your wedding at one of the local wedding reception venues, it’s worth considering the advantages of celebrating your union at a retreat wedding venue. By keeping the wedding simple and intimate, you have a chance to share this significant, romantic occasion with those people who are closest to you.